Monday, May 2, 2011

Another day in a magical city!

Tomorrow is another day, Well it was, today I mean... another day! A better day.
To explain a little about what is happening for those who are interested! Noam and I are at the institute for 4 hours a day. There are four sessions a day, each one hour long! We are seeing a few different therapists each day. A psychologist , occupational therapists, speech therapists and special Ed teachers who have or are doing PHD's in Furenstein's approach! It can get a little overwhelming for Noam (an myself) to be changing therapists every hour but he is getting used to the idea! ( I think next week some sessions run for 2 hours with the same therapist)


  Some of you may think that 4 hours a day is not much considering we have come half way across the world. I felt the same until i saw the state Noam was in when we finished today. Lets just say Noam in the pram sleeping, mum drinking coffee trying not to sleep! The intensity of what happens in those four hours is amazing. 

It's a little hard to go into detail exactly what happens in each session and i am really hoping to be able to film some sessions (keep forgetting to ask)... I think i have learnt more in the past few days than i have in five years.
Mina if you are reading this, I GET IT!! Mediated therapy the importance of the the use of language between Noam and adults....Narration, explanation  I GET IT!! The speech therapist blew me away today. Mina you wold have been proud of this kid who used his words and learnt some more... learnt to ask and had a discussion about a book.
I have so much to learn. I am on an emotional roller coaster and didn't realise how hard emotionally this would be.


To finish  off the day We had a play in the park at the end of the street! Kezza it is fenced and brilliant!!! Noam made some friends his interactions were immaculate (if that makes sense).
i feel like this is the start some someone new!


Jerusalem really is a magical city! 

No comments:

Post a Comment