Sunday, May 29, 2011

When I come home and Noam sleeps i have been reading a lot on this theory that has intrigued me so much. Today i came across a piece of writing that just put it all together for me. 

' THE STUDENT IS OFTEN TREATED AS AN EMPTY VESSEL INTO WHICH KNOWLEDGE MUST BE POURED'
(my husband being a librarian  I should probably quote that properly but that would mean having to go back through my papers... another time maybe) 


I could probably try and summarise what this means for you but I think i may just put the link to the site I have been reading and if you are interested have a read! ESPECIALLY people out there who have children!

Just to clarify.. the child is often and just shouldn't be! When mediating it's also about changing yourself for the child,  looking at the individual child, setting the environment for the individual child and 'stimuli' - looking at what will motivate the individual child and using that knowledge to extend learning!

(hope that makes sense)

No comments:

Post a Comment