Sunday, May 1, 2011

Life As A Documentary

I am sure that this experience is going to bring on many changes in both of us! Noam has been great but over the past few days has demonstrated behaviours i have never seen! He has begun yelling at me in a way that scares me. His frustration at his inability to effectively communicate verbally has over the past few years become more and more frustrating to all of us! If i could have one dream in life  it would not be to win tatslotto or to have the house i have always dreamed of. besides good health and happiness I also dream for Noam to be able to speak... I dream of the day i am able to know what he is feeling, thinking and knowing.. The psychologist today explained the about the importance of conversation. She explained the need to not talk for Noam but to narrate... consider his life as a 'documentary'  narrate what you do how, you do it, how your going to do it and why your gong to do it! I always knew the importance of narration in Noam's world of understanding and speech... today in watching a master at work the penny finally dropped! I hope that I too in time will have the skill to make narration apart of our every day life!

1 comment:

  1. I am very interested in this Limor... I too dream of knowing what Ellie is thinking and the day that she will speak. This all sounds really promising for you. Love to you both x

    ReplyDelete